Understanding how FastPass tiers work can help you avoid lots of waiting in line on your Disney World vacation.
Here’s everything you need to know about Disney FastPass tiers plus some helpful tips and advice from a seasoned Disney World pro.
How Do FastPass Tiers Work at Disney World?
At three out of the four theme parks you are only allowed one FastPass from the “Tier 1” group of attractions per day. Tier 1 attractions are the most popular or in-demand attractions at each park.
Disney is attempting to distribute FastPasses more evenly by only allowing guests one pick from the most popular attractions.
After you have used your initial three FastPasses during the day, the tier system no longer applies. You can pick additional FastPasses from any attraction (learn how to get more than three FastPasses per day in my ultimate guide to Disney World FastPass here.)
Epcot Fast Pass Tiers
At Epcot there are four attractions in Tier 1.
You can select one FastPass per day from the Tier 1 attractions, then two additional Fastpasses from the remaining attractions.
Pick one from this “Tier 1” Epcot FastPass group:
- Frozen Ever After
- Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
- Epcot Forever
Then choose two more FastPasses from Tier 2:
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment
- Living with the Land
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot (temporarily closing 9/8/19)
- RELAUNCHED! Mission: SPACE
- Spaceship Earth
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
What attractions should I FastPass at Epcot?
For your Tier 1 pick I would suggest either Frozen Ever After or Soarin’.
Test Track has a single rider line which means that as long as you don’t mind being split up from your party you can ride with little wait any time of the day.
NOTE: You can only use the Single Rider line if your kids are 7 or older.
You don’t need a FastPass to get a great view of Epcot Forever, so that is your lowest Epcot FastPass Tier 1 priority.
For your two additional Epcot FastPasses, I’d suggest the Character Spot, Spaceship Earth, or Mission: SPACE.
These attractions get the longest waits during the day so you’ll want a FastPass. The other attractions in Tier 2 rarely see long waits (except during peak travel season such as Christmas, Spring Break , or other holidays).
Hollywood Studios FastPass Tiers
Starting in 2020, these are the Hollywood Studios FastPass tiers:
Pick one from this “Tier 1” Hollywood Studios FastPass group:
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway (Opening March 4th)
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Millenium Falcon Smugglers Run
Pick two additional from these attractions:
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Toy Story Mania
- Tower of Terror
- Rockin’ Roller Coaster
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Animal Kingdom Fast Pass Tiers
Currently there are only two attractions in Tier 1 at Animal Kingdom and they are the two attractions in Pandora: World of Avatar (get my tips and tricks for visiting Pandora in this post).
All of the other attractions that have FastPass are in the second Animal Kingdom FastPass tier.
Pick one from this “Tier 1” Animal Kingdom FastPass group:
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Nav’i River Journey
Then two more from the Tier 2 group:
- Expedition Everest
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurer’s Outpost (Mickey & Minnie)
- Primeval Whirl
- Rivers of Light
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure
What attractions should I Fast Pass at Animal Kingdom?
For your Tier 1 FastPass I’d actually recommend Na’vi River Journey over Flight of Passage (read why in this post) as long as you can get to the park early to experience Flight of Passage.
For your two other FastPasses, I’d suggest Kilimanjaro Safaris and the character meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie.
You can use the single rider line for Expedition Everest and the line moves quickly for this coaster and the queue is enjoyable.
Does Magic Kingdom Have FastPass Tiers?
Magic Kingdom is currently the only park at Walt Disney Word that does NOT have FastPass tiers.
This makes it a bit easier to plan your Magic Kingdom FastPasses. Here is a list of all 25 attractions that offer Fastpass:
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Haunted Mansion
- “it’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monster’s, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid
Because there are so many options for FastPass Plus at Magic Kingdom, you’ll want a strategy in place. Get my tips and tricks for Magic Kingdom FastPass in this detailed post.
I hope this post helped you understand the FastPass tiers at Disney World and how they work. Tiers are just one element of the FastPass+ system so you might want my ultimate guide to Disney Fast Pass here to learn everything else!
Any questions about your Fast Pass planning? Leave a comment below or join our community over at The Budget Mouse Facebook group.
If you liked this post you’ll also like: