If you click a link in this post and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Read our full disclosure here.
I finally got to attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party with my daughter this year and I have so much to share!
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2019 Discount Tickets
I was pleased to discover that the tickets to the Halloween party are much cheaper than tickets to the Christmas party!
August: 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
September: 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29
October: 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 29, 31
Different dates have different prices so if you want to pay less choose a less popular date (the crowds will be lower, too.)
The lowest cost parties are in August and September and on weeknights, which includes Sunday nights. The most expensive party is Halloween night which will cost $55 MORE per ticket ($135 adult)!
Generally, parties on weekend nights will be the most crowded and the most expensive.
As long as it is at least one day in advance, you can still get discount tickets from Disney here.
On the day of the party, you can get full-price tickets on the Disney website and have them linked to your Magic Bands, or buy them when you get to Magic Kingdom at a ticket window.
Annual Passholders and DVC Members get slight discounts as well, with advance tickets starting at $70. Book through the Disney site to get your discounts.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2019 Hours
- You can enter the park as early as 4 pm with your party ticket; they started letting folks in at about 3:50 at our party. After you scan your ticket you will be given a special party wristband.
- The park closes to day guests without a party ticket at 6 pm, so anyone without a wristband will be ushered out.
- The party begins at 7 pm! This is when all of the special events of the party will start. Official party hours are 7 pm – 12 am.
- The party events wrap up at midnight with a final showing of the villain stage show.
On to the highlights and tips from our visit!
1) Ride Attractions With Little Wait
Here’s the first of my tips: The best time to ride attractions with little wait is between 6 and 7 pm!
We rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad three times in a row and rode Splash Mountain in this hour. I suggest grabbing something to eat for dinner before 6 pm so you can make the most of it.
There aren’t any Fastpasses available during the party but you shouldn’t need them since many guests are taking part in the other elements of the party.
If you want to ride popular attractions such as Seven Dwarves Mine Train, the other best times are during the first parade, fireworks, and during the last hour of the party.
2) Candy Candy Candy
There are 16 designated candy hand-out locations all around the park which are marked by these large blow-up signs. The lines for candy at these stations were extremely long from 7 – 8:30 pm. I would suggest waiting to hit them up until after that if you can!
There is also candy handed out after some headliner attractions. We were given candy when we got off of Splash Mountain and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (I’m sure they give out candy after other attractions as well).
This candy should be enough to tide the kids over until later when the treat station lines die down!
3) The Villian Stage Show
4) HalloWishes Fireworks Display
5) People Watching (Costumes Allowed!)
6) Special Halloween Food & Beverage
7) NEW! Special Attraction Overlays & Effects
- Special lighting and music for the Mad Tea Party (we loved this)
- Special interactive pirates in a search for “Gunpowder Pete” on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Special soundtrack and effects on Space Mountain
Other Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Events
- Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade takes place twice nightly at 9:15 pm and 11:15 pm. See characters dressed up in their special costumes and the Headless Horseman starts the parade! The second parade is often much less crowded.
- Special Character Meet & Greets are available throughout the park until 11:30 pm. Pick up a guide map at the party to find all of the locations.
- NEW! Halloween Dance Parties take place in Tomorrowland (Monsters, Inc themed) and Fantasyland (Disney Jr. characters including Vampirina).
Any questions? Please leave a comment below or join the discussion in The Budget Mouse free private Facebook group!