I finally got to attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (also known as MNNSHP) with my daughter this year and I have so much to share!
- How to get Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets at a discount
- The highlights of the party for us
- My tips for having the best possible experience at the party!
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Tickets 2020
I was pleased to discover that the tickets to the Halloween party are much cheaper than tickets to the Christmas party!
Here are the Mickey’s Not So Scary 2020 party dates:
August: 13, 18, 21, 25, 28
September: 1, 4, 7, 11, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, 29
October: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Discount Tickets
Here’s how to pick the best dates for MNSSHP tickets for the lowest price:
Different dates have different prices so if you want to pay less choose a less popular date from this interactive calendar (the crowds will be lower, too.) Generally, parties on weekend nights will be the most crowded and the most expensive.
The lowest cost parties are in August and September and on weeknights, which includes Sunday nights. The most expensive party is Halloween night which will cost $55 MORE per ticket ($135 adult)!
On the day of the party, you can get full-price tickets on the Disney website and have them linked to your Magic Bands, or buy them when you get to Magic Kingdom at a ticket window.
Annual Passholders and DVC Members get slight discounts as well, with advance tickets starting at $75. Book through the Disney site to get your discounts.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Hours
- You can enter the park as early as 4 pm with your party ticket; they started letting folks in at about 3:50 at our party. After you scan your ticket you will be given a special party wristband.
- The park closes to day guests without a party ticket at 6 pm, so anyone without a wristband will be ushered out.
- The party begins at 7 pm! This is when all of the special events of the party will start. Official party hours are 7 pm – 12 am.
- The party events wrap up at midnight with a final showing of the villain stage show.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Tips
On to the highlights and tips from our visit!
1) Ride Attractions With Little Wait
Here’s the first of my tips: The best time to ride attractions with little wait is between 6 and 7 pm!
We rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad three times in a row and rode Splash Mountain in this hour. I suggest grabbing something to eat for dinner before 6 pm so you can make the most of it.
There aren’t any Fastpasses available during the party but you shouldn’t need them since many guests are taking part in the other elements of the party.
If you want to ride popular attractions such as Seven Dwarves Mine Train, the other best times are during the first parade, fireworks, and during the last hour of the party.
2) Candy Candy Candy
I’d imagine that for many kids the highlight of the party is trick-or-treating around Magic Kingdom. I know it was for my kiddo!
Then you’ll get your first trick or treating stop and will be handed about six pieces of chilled candy!
This begins at 4 pm, even though the party doesn’t officially start until 7 pm.
There are 16 designated candy hand-out locations all around the park which are marked by these large blow-up signs. The lines for candy at these stations were extremely long from 7 – 8:30 pm. I would suggest waiting to hit them up until after that if you can!
There is also candy handed out after some headliner attractions. We were given candy when we got off of Splash Mountain and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (I’m sure they give out candy after other attractions as well).
This candy should be enough to tide the kids over until later when the treat station lines die down!
3) The Villian Stage Show
It occurs three times nightly at parties until September 28th (8:30, 10:45, and 12:00) and at parties after that four times nightly (7:40, 8:35, 10:45, and 12:00). I estimate it lasted about 15-20 minutes.
4) Fireworks Display
We loved the special fireworks show at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party – Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular. It occurs nightly at 10:15 pm.
5) People Watching (Costumes Allowed!)
One of the highlights of the party is checking out all of the other guests’ costumes! This was probably my favorite aspect of the party.
6) Special Halloween Food & Beverage
7) NEW! Special Attraction Overlays & Effects
- Special lighting and music for the Mad Tea Party (we loved this)
- Special interactive pirates in a search for “Gunpowder Pete” on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Special soundtrack and effects on Space Mountain
Other Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Events
- Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade takes place twice nightly at 9:15 pm and 11:15 pm. See characters dressed up in their special costumes and the Headless Horseman starts the parade! The second parade is often much less crowded.
- Special Character Meet & Greets are available throughout the park until 11:30 pm. Pick up a guide map at the party to find all of the locations.
- NEW! Halloween Dance Parties take place in Tomorrowland (Monsters, Inc themed) and Fantasyland (Disney Jr. characters including Vampirina).
I hope this post helped you find discount MNSSHP tickets and get tips for visiting the party.
Any questions? Please leave a comment below or join the discussion in The Budget Mouse free private Facebook group!