Disney World has announced a Halloween party for 2021 after a year off!
This year’s event is called Disney After Hours BOO BASH.
It is similar to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party of years past but with modifications.
Get all of the details in this post!
Disney World Halloween Party Hours
- You can enter the park as early as 7 pm with your party ticket. After you scan your ticket you will be given a special party wristband.
- You will not need admission to magic Kingdom that day OR a park pass reservation.
- The party begins at 9 pm! This is when all of the special events of the party will start. Official party hours are 9 pm – 12 am. (9:30-12:30 on select nights)
Disney Boo Bash Dates
Here are this year’s Disney Halloween party dates:
- Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2021
- Friday, Aug. 20, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2021
- Friday, Aug. 27, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 3, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 10, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 17, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 24, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 8, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 15, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 22, 2021
- Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 29, 2021
- Sunday, Oct. 31, 2021
Disney World Halloween Party 2021 Tickets
Tickets for the 2021 Boo Bash go on sale June 8th for those with a Disney World resort reservation during the party dates.
Tickets go on sale to the general public on June 15th. They can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-4240.
Tickets are $129-$139 for August and September dates and $159-$169 for October dates. Halloween night party tickets cost $199 each.
Disney World Boo Bash Highlights
Here’s what to expect at the 2021 Disney After Hours BOO BASH:
- Halloween-themed cavalcades with characters
- Candy stops, with plenty of sweet surprises
- Character sightings throughout the park
- Special performances by the Cadaver Dans
- Attractions, including favorites like Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain
- Themed food and beverages available for purchase
- Special décor, lighting, music and more!
Here are some of the reasons we LOVE the Magic Kingdom Halloween party:
1) Ride Attractions With Little Wait
Here’s the first of my tips: The best time to ride attractions with little wait will be between 8 and 9 pm!
Many people with party tickets haven’t arrived yet and most day guests have left meaning super short waits.
We rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad three times in a row and rode Splash Mountain in this hour.
There aren’t any Fastpasses available during the party but you shouldn’t need them since many guests are taking part in the other elements of the party.
If you want to ride popular attractions such as Seven Dwarves Mine Train, the other best times are during the first parade, fireworks, and during the last hour of the party.
2) Candy Candy Candy
I was pleased to see that Trick or Treating will be party of the Disney World Halloween party this year!
It was one of our favorite parts of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party.
Once more details are available on how the candy stations will work, I will update this.
If anyone in your party has a food allergy, let the cast members know when you pick up your bag.
You will be given special colored bags that indicate you need allergy-friendly candy.
Cast members at the candy stations will give you tokens you can redeem for safe treats at Liberty Square Ticket Office and Town Square Theater.
3) Character Sightings
Characters will be a big part of the party. They will be making appearances on character cavalcades (essentially parade floats that move around the park) and wandering around.
Some rare character will appear (such as Dr. Facilier and Captain Barbosa) as well as characters in special Halloween costumes.
Though you won’t be able to get autographs or get within 6 feet, I expect you will be able to get distanced photographs.
4) People Watching (Costumes Allowed!)
One of the highlights of the party is checking out all of the other guests’ costumes! This was probably my favorite aspect of the party.
Normally adults can not wear costumes in the theme parks, but the Halloween party is the exception.
If you want to dress up, check out the regulations from Disney regarding costumes during the party here.
5) Special Halloween Food & Beverage
Take time to enjoy a special Halloween-themed treat while you do some people-watching.
We got this Maleficent ice cream cone (she’s our favorite villain) at Storybook Treats for $5. It was lime soft serve in a chocolate cone and we really liked it!
You can check out all of the special food items available at the Halloween party in this post over at AllEars.net
6) Special Attraction Overlays & Effects
Some attractions at Magic Kingdom has special features during the party. Among these are:
- Special lighting and music for the Mad Tea Party (we loved this)
- Special interactive pirates in a search for “Gunpowder Pete” on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Special soundtrack and effects on Space Mountain
I hope this post helps you make plans for the Disney After Hours Boo Bash 2021.
Any questions? Please leave a comment below or join the discussion in The Budget Mouse free private Facebook group!